Sunday, July 20, 2008

What did I do this weekend?

This post could be good or it could be really boring. Just don't tell me it was boring cause it's my life...I can only do so much. 

Mike and Nate left for Lava Hot Springs Thursday morning with the Venture Scouts which left me to my own devices...unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. Or if you don't trust me.) 

That evening Morgan had a Volleyball game. I was glad I wore my Sunglasses because, as much as I love my daughter and want to be supportive, I fell asleep a few times! WHAT? You've never done that? Whatever!...Who are you trying to fool?

Friday after work I raced down town to watch Morgan and her friends perform the songs they learned at Broadway Camp. They did songs from, Thoroughly Modern Millie, The Wiz, Wicked, and Hairspray. It was fun to watch the girls and it was a great outlet for their serious "girl Drama"

Morgan
Cassie
Tessa

The Drama never ends
That afternoon I decided that the best thing to do was go to the mall. The other options were to let Morgan watch MORE TV or get angry with her because her room was STILL not clean, and although I'm not a big fan of shopping, it seemed like the better option. It was. We had fun looking at clothes (for her) Testing the Sleep Number Beds (Honestly, I don't get it) and finding me a cute little choker. We had some bad Panda Express and went home. 

Right after we got home Keith showed up to take Morgan home with him for the night. 

This is where the alone time comes in. Since I couldn't find a "Hot Date" to take me to the movies I did this...
for 5 hours. 8 to somewhere after 1 am. 

De-junking is my 2nd favorite thing to do... and almost as exciting! 

FOOD ROOM 
(and other necessities)
BEFORE
AFTER


See those dated binders? 8 years of receipts! Mike taught me this. I have a love/hate relationship with these binders.
NEW CRAFT ROOM (ie...THE SUNSHINE ROOM) Total inside joke. 
I just don't think it's that funny really.
BEFORE
AFTER
CRAFT CLOSET (and sleeping bags and luggage unfortunately)
This isn't even HALF my craft stuff, so tell me where it's all going to go...
BEFORE
AFTER  (Still haven't brought the rest of the craft stuff down.)
It's all so pretty now! 
Don't be jealous that my food storage looks better then yours, 'cause you know it does!

On Saturday Mike and Nate came home and went to work...which means I'm still alone. So here's the day in list form 'cause Carpel Tunnel's kickin' in.

1. Made a Deposit, which gave me the false sense that I had money to burn...for a second.

2. Picked up the Family Portraits we had taken back in November! I know, it's ridiculous.

3. Went again to the Mall (I know...I said I don't like shopping, but I had a good feeling about it!)

4. Tried on 7 Bathing Suits.

5. FOUND MY NEW FAVORITE BATHING SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
No, I don't have a picture of me in it, you'll just have to trust me. I've said it a few times and I'll say it again now, because this is my blog so I can do what I want. I feel like Marilyn Monroe in this thing! It's black (which I usually don't like) and it has FULL rear coverage (which i understand screams old lady) but it's an awesome suit and I feel great in it. LOL I was so excited about the suit that when I came out of the dressing room to pay for it the sales lady hugged me! I am not lying! I teared up! Every woman deserves to cry because she finds the perfect bathing suit. 
(I think we're all a little tired of crying because we've tried on 
50 of those suckers and had no luck!)

6. Went down the mall and got a free piece of yummy chocolate!

7. I'm not going to say what happened when I went bra shopping. That was a slight downer. But I moved on because I was still excited about the Bathing Suit deal! Yeah me!

8. I put the new bathing suit on and went to the Pool and read...and felt cute!... ok, I felt sexy! yep!  Skinny Emily Smith (who would look good in a potato sack) even commented on how good she thought I looked in it. Thank You!

9. Went to the Stirlings house for Jay and Talia's Pre Wedding open house. It was fun spending the evening with our friends... and learning about how NBA players are paid. Thanks Don!

K that's it. I think. It has to be...I can't feel my hands anymore.