Tuesday, May 20, 2008

He's only 11


From Right to left.
Phenobarbital (Anti Seizure) Soloxine (Thyroid) Lasix (to hopefully help get rid of what seems to be fluid around Stockton's heart!) and last but not least
Enalapril (Because our Dog has Congestive Heart Failure)
Did I tell you he seems to have a large mass in his spleen that could be cancerous?
he does.
He's 11 years old.
And I don't think we're ready.
So I'm hoping the green bottles help.
Because Last night when I went to buy him some canned dog food like the doctor said too (which we never buy) in hopes that he would start eating again,
I stood there in the isle...and bawled.
Then I called Mike...and cried on the phone, telling him, "I feel like I'm buying him his LAST MEAL!" He met me at the store and we cried together for a minute, realizing we had held it in all day; Mike, because he was at work and Me because I didn't want to freak out Morgan.

And we could be off base. He could last another year...I think. (Though the Doc. doesn't sound that hopeful) He still acts like a puppy, he still barks at people and leaves and sounds going by the house. He walks me to the door as I go to work still, he gets excited when Mike comes home from work still. Just a little more tired.
He's only 11.