Sunday, May 18, 2008

After church we came home and changed into comfy cloths and I climbed into bed, kind of. Mike was home with a sick stomach so after the Primary was done singing we went home. (Side Note) You can really tell Morgan's ready to be done with Primary because she was barely singing...and she wouldn't even look at me! I remember the day when she would search me out to make sure I was listening to only her. 
Message to Morgan, STOP GROWING UP!!!! 
You are not too cool to sing to your MOTHER!  please baby? sing to me. :( please?
and so I digress...as usual.
This is the gift Morgan gave me. You would think at first glance that she had given me a drawer from her desk...but you would be wrong. this drawer IS the gift box. yes...I know...you don't have to say it...I have tons of boxes...this is Morgan we're talking about. 
So here we go.
First I opened the rectangular boxes...4 empty gum boxes 
then I open the 4 little roundish packages... the gum that goes IN the BOXES! I don't even want to know if her hands were clean before she touched all my gum! 
But then there was the big box of yummy Chocolate Hazelnut truffles. 
They are now hiding in my Closet. :)
My sick Husband gave me a card, two Chocolate bars and a Sincere Promise that He would get my iMac set up to print properly to my HP printer. YEAH ME! That's all I really wanted from him.Big Nate came through with this pretty arrangement he picked out all by himself. and when it was wilting Monday morning he took them back and made the florist make me a new one! That was my favorite part of his gift to me. Showing the strength to stand up for himself to make things right for me.
Brett's still on his mission...the perfect gift from him, and  Bethany called me and I FORGOT TO KEEP MY CELL WITH ME! So, I hang my head in shame that I wasn't home to talk to her. I called her the next day. That was good too. 

When it's blurry you can always call it a dream sequence...or since Morgan was taking the picture she'd call it a nightmare! 
This was YUMMY. My Mother gave me the recipe. It's baked french toast
So I'm going to give it to you.
Berry Baked French Toast

Ingredients:
1/2 C. Flour
1-1/2 C. Milk
2 T. Sugar
1 t. Vanilla
6 Eggs
10 Slices of French bread cut into 1" cubes
----------------------------
3 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese, Diced (Add more if you feel like it...I DID!)
1 C. fresh or frozen berries (if frozen DO NOT thaw) as before add more if you want.
2 T. Sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
you could add a 1/2 cup of chopped nuts...if you like that kind of thing.

Prep.
Grease 13x9' glass baking dish. Beat flour, milk, 2 T. sugar, vanilla and eggs in large bowl until smooth. Stir in bread cubes until well coated, then pour bread mixture in to prepared pan.

Top evenly with cream cheese cubes and berries. mix the other 2T. of sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over berries and cream cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F and bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Serves 8

Amen (teeehheee)