Anyway, the doorbell rings, Brett and Nate answer it and there's this bouquet of balloons on the porch. hhmmmmmm... Nate's already been invited to the Sweethearts dance at school so what could it be? I shrugged it off figuring that Erica had more plans for their date. so I did what I always do and took his picture.
He popped the first balloon and there was a note that gave a date, time, what to wear and that a car would pick him up.
He popped the first balloon and there was a note that gave a date, time, what to wear and that a car would pick him up.Or would it be picking MMMMEEEEEEEE up!?
The moment I read the note I had a feeling these balloons were not for Nate. Why again was my husband so late coming home from a church meeting?????
Nate was actually a little put out that the balloons weren't for him so he and Brett went downstairs, So Morgan took my picture. Yeah for me!
"Come with me to the Sweetheart Soiree" is what the puzzle; which was extremely hard to figure out, said. HOW CUTE IS THAT! Mike walked through the door with the biggest grin on his face. The men had some plans... that was for sure.
Brett picked the wives up in a lovely black Lexus he brought home, walked us to the car while making "chauffeur" small talk and drove us to Julie's parents home...where we saw this sign.
As we walked in, there were our husbands in the entry to greet us with a smile and a kiss, took our coats and led us to the family room for hors d'oeuvres. Then, couple by couple we got our pictures taken by Jason...High School Prom style!!! More of which you can look at in the slide show to the right. These are just the group pictures.
We are so hot lookin'!

After pictures we sat down to eat the delicious dinner they took two hours to prepare. We had a salad for starers, then Chicken cordon bleu, rice and vegetables. We took a few more silly pictures then went off to our home for dessert and games. I was so glad that Chris started feeling better because with or without him I was going to eat the dessert he had brought by the house earlier in the day, because that's just the kind of friend I am. :)
We played pictionary with clay instead of drawing and then we played the Newly Wed Game. Mike and I didn't win; I was afraid to win because both my parents and my brother Matt and his 1st wife won the actual Newly Wed Game TV show years ago and now they're divorced...I don't need any help getting divorced...I've proven time and again that I can do it all by my self thank you.
So, Thank you to my honey Mike, Jason, Jim, John, and Chris. It was so much fun! And with no acception I think I speak for your wives too, It was a night we'll never forget!
And if someone does forget I can always show them the Scrapbook.
