
Yep, I'm so happy to finally have a movie out that I can take Morgan to and not fall asleep! I recommend this movie to Moms and their daughters. I don't know age wise...you'd have to decide your child's maturity level. It's not "Enchanted" by any means. The lady behind me brought her younger kids; 5 and under and annoyed me the entire time! They had no clue what was going on in the movie and they were obviously bored. It has it's funny parts and it's serious parts that little kids won't get. Penelope (in my opinion) is geared toward pre-teens, teens, and young adults who don't want unnecessary smut. It's well written and produced and has a great cast and a great moral.
I think I remember 3 "bad" words, all of which you'll find in the Bible or may have slipped out of your own mouth on accident a time or two. (wink wink.) There are a couple of bar scenes (remember, it's a movie involving adults, not a little girl with a deformity) There's one sexual comment that's so unnoticeable that I almost missed it, I know...that's so surprising!) Don't Judge Me! but the kissing perked me up, thank you very much!
Take your girls if you think they'll get it because this is one I want to own! Just remember:
It's not the power of the curse,
It's the power you give the curse.
