Sunday, June 08, 2008

Memorial Day

Every Memorial Day we do pretty much the same things. Mike goes to work and hopes to sell some cars and I get the day off. Sometimes his birthday lands on Memorial Day but not this year. Usually Mike will come home early and we head to his parents house where we will go swimming and grill meat of all sorts to perfection! But this year all we could do was the latter, because it was so blasted cold! (which, by the way I think is getting a little out of control so if anyone has a good hook up with the Lord, could you put in a good word please! It's JUNE!

Anyway, after we eat and lay around we head to the cemetery either by car or by foot. Mike and I generally go first to Laurie Airds site before the rest of our family gets there. Laurie was a good women. I have the utmost respect and love for her and her family.  We miss her...so we always look for her. Her only daughter Juli (out of 5 kids I believe) is getting married soon. I was thinking about that when I saw her on Sunday. Of all Richard and Laurie's children Juli should have her Mother there to help her with her plans. That makes me a little bit sad. But the Aird Family is a faithful family. Strong in their understanding of eternity and the Lords plan for them. Juli is in good hands even without her Mother there. 

This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. This is Dave Woods Mother, Karma. (Dave's my brother in Law and Nancy's Husband.) She just looked so content, sitting there with her pretty white hair and sweater.   
This is the new pet cemetery at Memorial Estates. It takes up only 50 to 75 feet of space but it's a beautiful...expense place to bury your fury loved one. 


These little monkeys are very good to the camera. I think I took this picture 20 times in slightly different poses and all the time hoping that someone didn't lose an eye or break a body part. Clockwise from the top Jonathan , David, Jared and Taylor. 
And then there's Brock sticking his head out of Jared's side. 
Crazy boys! (Thanks Trevor for the help with the twins names; with my luck I would have guessed wrong on who was who.)
Morgan
Carson
This is cool. It's just one of the new features at the cemetery. Off to the right is Nate, Scott and Megan.  The tiny speck to the left is Mike talking to someone in a golf cart. not sure why.
It was a cold day, but a memorable one. It was a pretty good day with the whole family...
minus Brett and Bethany.