Morgan really really really wanted to got to the fair for her B~day this year. Well...no, that's kind of a lie, she really wanted a big sleep over with all her friends for her Birthday but a can't be doin' that ever blasted year for her! So for all intents and purposes...Morgan wanted to go to the fair.
We went on opening day, an hour after they opened. I totally recommend doing that if you're not a fan of crowds and you hate waiting in lines (which I realize is part of the ambiance but whatever)
I love this shot of Nate and Morgan. Nate was such a good Brother that day. He let Morgan take his hand and drag him from ride to ride.A BUTTER BULL!!!!!
Now it's getting dark and Mike is leading us somewhere with a purpose, and we end up here. He asked Morgan if she remembered this curb. lol what a sick man.
This is the curb...someplace close to where she's sitting, that she rammed her sweet little 4 year old forehead into. Mike told her it was that black mark to the right of her. Nice...She's ok, it just made her a little silly, and now she has a scar on her head like Mommy. 
Friendly little goat
Here's a sad deal. Nate's petting this cow and says, loud enough for the owner to hear,"I've never touched a cow before!" She laughed pretty hard. My poor Nate. I think city kids miss out on some good stuff. I'm glad we brought him.
And I'm glad we brought ME! I used to love Candied Apples with the Cinnamon Candy coating and I haven't found these anywhere. They're yummy and a beautiful shiny red...
like my dream car!
Tony Woodlief, who lives somewhere in the state of Kansas, took his family to the state fair. Twice. And then wrote about it:
No Kansan (or Utahan in our case) is too good for the state fair. In fact, nobody is too good for the state fair, period, though perhaps the state fair is too good for some people. If you find it beneath you to get elbow to elbow with people who have not enough money and too many kids, and folks who work the earth, and greasy-fingered, shiny-eyed cheerful miscreants operating the rides, then perhaps you have too high an opinion of yourself, because we are all made of the same suspect dust, it seems. And if your mistaken opinion of your social position prevents you from getting a fresh corn dog and a hot steaming plate of sugary funnel cake, then it serves you right. Go content yourself with a pseudo-cosmopolitan meal in your favorite faux Euro-bistro with the cheap furniture, and pretend you live in New York. As for me and my household,
we'll take the fair.
Rides like this
and this.


