Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oh Sweet August...

When I'm just starting to love Summer, when I think getting a little color on my somewhat translucent skin might be nice, and when the scent of the trees in the evening, driving down Van Winkle Expressway couldn't be any more lovely...Summer is almost gone.

Both of my boys are driving now.


And I don't think they hate their cars too much.
Brett's Uncle Trevor and his Aunt Robyn threw a"Man Shower" for him before he left for BYU the next day. I'm so glad Robyn offered; it was a lot of fun for everyone!
Grandpa Hanson, Brett, and Mike
This a great picture of one of Trevor and Robyn's Twins (It's 50/50 on whether it's David or Johnathan so I won't try to guess) I just thought it was hilarious how his arm would come back sloooowly without looking grab a finger full and sloooowly put it in his mouth. Yummy BYU cake by Nancy. Thanks Nanc!
Then, the next day we drove Brett up to Provo, slowed down to 40 and kicked him out of the car! Just kidding...obviously.

We spent most of the day getting he and his friend Andy settled into their tiny apartment that they share with two other guys. Morgan LOVED this place so much that she wants to live there some day AND she offered to clean their place once a month just so she can hang out there. That's a girl with big dreams!

I must say thank you to Matt DeGraw for helping these boys get into the apartment that he manages and for the great price he offered. Every little bit helps. You're the best Matt!

First day of School...the beginning of the end of Summer. Bittersweet.

Brett's a freshman @ the Y, Nate and Beth are Juniors in high school

and Morgan is in 5th GRADE!

...as I feel another worry line form across my forehead