Sunday, July 01, 2007

Another one of my favorite things about spring that happened in the summer this year.

You may recall that last year one of my favorite things about spring was the motorcycles.
This year I'll show you another one of my favorite things.

Quail Families! Usually the chicks hatch in late spring but I didn't see any babies till the beginning of Summer. The mother protects her babies by hiding them under her wings. One time I saw what I thought was a HUGE female up against the curb
(kind of like the picture of her above)

Thinking it was hurt I walked up to it and it ran away! Leaving behind 10 or more babies! it was so cute and pitiful watching them running after their mother screaming, "Wait mommy wwwaaaiiit!" like this picture.
I see them when I walk in the morning with Jen and I see this cute family when I come to work.
Nature, creation...one of my favorite spring things!