Thursday, July 12, 2007

Independance Day

For breakfast we went down the street to eat with the Neighbors...and the fire department. I helped flip a few pancakes, harassed Michael Sanders then sat down to eat with Morgan and Mike. As much as I would have liked to sleep in on this day off I walked with Jen at 6:30, cleaned up and headed for the breakfast.

I could be wrong but I think more neighbors show up every year. My theory is that they're figuring out that we're not staging a mass missionary lesson for all the non LDS in the neighborhood...WE JUST WANT TO EAT WITH YOU!





We just hung out at home afterward. I weeded while Mike played with the camera and got a bunch of pictures of the front yard.







That night we got some dinner with the Hammonds at Red Robin. I don't think they were happy to see us. I guess Red Robin employees like to see fireworks too and were trying to close early. Whoda thunk it.
After we ate and I got my white shirt released from the sticky stuff on the chair (yea gross) we went to the Taylor's and watched fireworks.

Ya know, with all the places we could go to see BIG Fireworks sometimes it's just nice to sit with your neighbors and watch it the way we did when we were kids.