Thursday, January 19, 2006

Palm Springs Widow




It happens every year at this time. A group of men take the long trek to the dry desolation that is, Palm Springs. For 10 years now they've been doing this. Leaving their women folk behind to watch celebrities and Pros play golf at The Bob Hope Chrysler Classic. Oh, don't worry these are real men; they play a few rounds themselves, although my sweetie doesn't play, but I assume since he owns a car dealership he becomes the designated driver of the cart for a bunch of sober men. Speaking of which...

(Say hi to Alice Boys!)

And do they know how to relax. ! They call it Euca! ( short for Eucalyptus) I'm afraid I don't know ALL the details and really, it's probaby better that I don't, but I believe there's a steam room involved, yummy smelling soaps, shampoo's and shaving things,with fresh apples for the taking. But if you break wind or bleed in the steam room, men with bio hazard gear may kick you out! You know who you are.

They've take two new guys; son and son- in- law of one of the original members, this year. I'm sure there will be some odd initiation that involves too much food or being stuck in one of the rooms at night with all the loud snorers. (is that a word?)

I was there once. Broke into the inner sanctum, (yes, I said SANCTUM) just for half a day on my way to a funeral. This is definitely not a trip for the women. I don't know what they'd do if we all showed up! So after checkin' things out I took my cute red rental car and headed for my families place where I knew I'd be wanted.

Anyway, I think this is good for our relationship; my sweetie and I. This 4 or 5 day trip gives me a good reason to put little surpises in Mike's suitcase (remember hon, only for you!) It gives us a reason to miss each other, and it's a good reminder to Mike after sharing a bed with his buddy Don, that I'm a lot more fun to spoon than Mike thought. :)

Have fun guys and bring my baby back soon!