Julie Hammond and I had the great pleasure of being a part of the Cottonwood Heights Stake Women's Conference today. It was beautiful! The women who put this program together did an amazing job. If you missed it (my friends in the neighborhood) you really missed out.
Julie and I played Emma and Sariah. Emma is reading a letter she wrote to her husband Joseph telling him of her gratitude for the Book of Mormon and how she feels that her trials are similar to those of Sariah, having a good husband, a visionary man, a prophet. In between her letter Sariah speaks of the trials of leaving her comfortable home to live in the wilderness for the rest of their days because her husband Lehi felt prompted by the Lord to do so.
Emma feels that reading about Sariah going through the struggles and doubts, the mummering and finally the faith that Sariah gained through her trials, have helped her (Emma) to understand her own trails and concerns.
Then we sang a duet, that I was so grateful to have been able to sing. A week ago I had no voice. Up until Thursday night I didn't know if I'd be able to do it. Literally.... NO SPEAKING OR SINGING VOICE. I felt the prayers of the sisters who wanted me there this morning and I was blessed.
It was a good morning.

