Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Missionary Mom

It's a new feeling...the stirring in my heart. It's the feeling of a Holy Spirit in my home beyond the norm. My son is leaving tomorrow...to do the work of the Lord, and the tears that's I've held back, or thought I didn't have are falling uncontrollably. I miss him already and he's still in his room. I can hear him, chatting with his Father and his Brother; talking "man talk". My heart is so full. My love for this boy/man, I did not give birth to has put me in a place I never thought I'd be in. I'm sending off a missionary tomorrow and I find myself cleaning the kitchen just in case he notices, so he'll remember it that way while he's gone. lol...isn't that silly? 


His testimony tonight was so exciting to hear! He want's to serve his Lord. How did we do it? How did we raise Brett to want this? I know we didn't do it alone. I know that without his grandparents, the ward leaders and family, and friends we may not have been able to get him here. 

:) Nate and Brett just came up stairs to say good bye to a friend, talking about another friend and her obvious sadness to see Brett go. She's a sweet friend. I'm sad too K.S. Please come over anytime. 

Anyway, where are my Kleenex? He hugged me tonight...a real hug! oh...it felt so good...a lot like his Dads hugs; warm and tight. Those side hugs were driving me crazy!  

(much later in the evening...let's say 1:30 in the morning.)
 We're going to bed. We've packed as much as is possible. I know...Brett's way past curfew, but I warned Pres. McQuinn this would happen. I'll write more when we get home from the MTC...probably after I've had a nice long NAP!