Thursday, December 06, 2007

Running for our meal

I coerced Nancy into this one. I'm sure it went something like,"Come on Nanc, what could be better then a nice brisk run in 30 degree weather at 8:00 o'clock Thanksgiving morning? Who needs to sleep in? Don't you want a chance to beat the Mayor and win a nifty yellow ribbon? It'll Make the dinner taste better. We can eat 2 Desserts!" Whatever it was Nancy gave in, much to her husband Dave's dismay.
Here we are, passing up the Mayor (that didn't take long. Thanks Laurie for the tip! :) )



I have to say, it was really cool that my friends Corbett and Brennamen were there to HECKLE...I mean cheer us on. Ok, the truth...they were there as cops keeping the peace...and taking pictures.


38 minutes and a few seconds later we were headed for the finish line. It was so cold that we had a 24 hour face life! but it DID feel really good to get out and run.

Here's me and Kelvyn showing off my ribbon that 700 some odd other runners also won for beating the Mayor and I have no idea where the well build Indian came from but Nancy and i think we saw his squaw somewhere back up the road.

And here are our fine husbands cheering us on and glad it wasn't them.