Last Saturday was our first big snow of the season. Mike and Nate had to work and I was left at home to figure out whether to wait till the snow fall stopped or start plowin' and get it over with. So I went for it. And as the time passed and my curls, from the night before began to freeze to my face I started to notice the men, in my neighborhood, driving by and waving or just smiling as they drove by. My hands were beginning to ache from the cold as I gripped the handles of the snow blower. And another man drives by, smiling and waving. REALLY??? Then I begin to think, I HATE THE WOMEN'S MOVEMENT! Yea I know I can do this myself but honestly, what has happened to chivalry?? I'm a damsel in distress here! My King is off pillaging for our family and he's taken the only prince left living in the castle to help!
But then, Shelly has an Epiphany. God has given me a pair of strong legs and arms and the endurance to finish the job. I have nothing to complain about!!I feel much better. For a few moments anyway...when the frustration of my currant situation reminds me...that I'm cold and stiff. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...
And then,
I see,
ANOTHER MAN driving by?!
but then he stops, with a smile on his face. So I stop what I'm doing; push the frozen hair away from the face I can't feel anymore, and walk up to Mike Smith's car and he says, "It's so impressive to see a beautiful woman out in the snow working with machinery!"
And then it was ok. I hadn't showered, I'm sure my makeup was smeared and at that moment it didn't even matter.
I was back to my Epiphany.
But then, Shelly has an Epiphany. God has given me a pair of strong legs and arms and the endurance to finish the job. I have nothing to complain about!!I feel much better. For a few moments anyway...when the frustration of my currant situation reminds me...that I'm cold and stiff. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...And then,
I see,
ANOTHER MAN driving by?!
but then he stops, with a smile on his face. So I stop what I'm doing; push the frozen hair away from the face I can't feel anymore, and walk up to Mike Smith's car and he says, "It's so impressive to see a beautiful woman out in the snow working with machinery!"
And then it was ok. I hadn't showered, I'm sure my makeup was smeared and at that moment it didn't even matter.
I was back to my Epiphany.
"God has given me a strong pair of legs and arms and the endurance to finish the job."
I have nothing to complain about!!
And I look good doin' it!