Thursday, May 17, 2007

It is a gorgeous, great rose-pink cavern...

...of highly unconventional Gothic, a marvelous enclosure of space, a dated and unforgettable masterpiece of breathtaking audacity and extravagance!



Wednesday is Garbage Day on our street. We own two cans. They're NOT cheap. The cans were there all day and that evening...the better one was GONE! What the heck??? Who took our can?? How desperate can you be? It's a trash can! I can give you the number for Salt Lake Co. Public Works because I work for the city! I can help you...No really here it is... 562-6435 you don't have to steal mine!!!! WWWHHHYYYYYY?

And then, around 10:00pm Brett went out the front door...came back in and said,"Why is there a pink trash can by our front porch?" Hmmmm... good question. About that same time I got a call from my "dear" friend Julie Hammond letting me know she had our beach towels. We were chatting and Mike went to look at the can. I told her she should come down and look at this thing! She said she couldn't but that John would LLOOOOVVVEEE to see it!



ok...

John shows up with the towels and gets a good look at the can. At which point he says, as he lifts the lid...without looking at the lid," And they even painted a nice peace sign on the inside of the lid!"

Holy Crap! John did it! we thought for sure the Patch's did it...as payback for the TP incident a few months ago. ah yes...good times :)











Anyway, what a piece of work! Mike left it out all day today, just to show it off to the neighbors.

So we have a pink trash can with pretty yellow flowers and a peace sign on the inside of the lid just to keep things mellow.
This is shapin' up to be a great Summer!