Sunday, May 07, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things

My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall. Fall because it's the beginning of the end... of the year and all the fun I have with doing the Holidays and Spring because it's the "beginning"; for me anyway.

Spring pulls me out of my winter depression. I smile a real smile, I feel better.

I'm allergic to everything in my yard but I get so excited in the spring to clean up the yard, plant flowers and get the lawn furniture and tiki torches out! The trees in the back yard make a great canopy of privacy to sit under and read or just sit and watch the cat and dog play.

Last year the cat killed a baby bird and for a long time the parents of this baby were bent! They would sit on the roof and watch for Lucy-fur to come outside and then begin DIVE BOMBING her! They followed her everywhere. Front yard to back yard, coming within inches of the sinister beast that was murdering their young.

Great free entertainment.

But one of my favorite things to see in the spring are the bikers. Not the one's in tight shorts with good legs (but that's not bad either) but the big hairy guys and chicks on their Hogs! Crusin' State street or on the freeway it's fun to watch and it's a definite sign of spring.