“To see what is right and not do it is want of courage.”
- Confucius Analects
Tonight I went shopping for Morgan’s Valentine cards and treats. I called her to see what exactly she wanted. Morgan chose her cards and candy and then said,
“Mom, remember Paul; the one that everyone makes fun of?”
“Yes I do.”
“I want to give him a bigger piece of candy then the rest of the class.”
“Like what?”
“Like, a full size chocolate bar, not the giant one’s, just bigger than
everyone else’s.”
Now the paranoid Mom in me cautiously asked,
“Aren’t you worried that the others will notice and give you a hard time?”
“Well, I just feel bad for him because everyone’s mean to him.”
“So, you’re not worried?”
“No”
There’s a song my friend Jill Taylor introduced me to by Martina McBride called “In my Daughters Eyes” The first two verses go like this,
In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
Tonight Morgan is my hero. I am just so amazed by her courage.

In my Daughter’s eyes”
-Martina McBride
